WHY: Support local service organizations that support Homelessness, Food insecurity, addiction & recovery, kids.
Provide a fair wage for all staff commensurate with their experience, skill and passion, similar to electricians, plumbers and fellow craftspeople. Keep the lights on. Kerry needs to cook. You need Miranda food.
First Dinner supports https://knoxcountygleaners.me/
The Knox County Gleaners work with farmers, gardeners, and orchard owners who want to share their surplus bounty with their food insecure neighbors in Knox County. Our volunteers collect and clean, and then distribute surplus food to a variety of sites including food pantries, soup kitchens, libraries, senior homes, and other community hubs. Our gleaning efforts reduce food waste in farms, gardens, and orchards, and increase food security by distributing healthy, locally grown food throughout Knox County.
KCG is ALWAYS looking for new friends as volunteers.
- Limited to 24 ish attendees.
- Chef Kerry cooks, possibly with guest Chefs.
- Entertainment By EENOR. Audience participation at no extra cost
- Mondays only. Number one is June 19th. We will do them once a week max, or until we can’t sell any more.
- Time: 6 PM
- 6 courses, at least.
- What food? Miranda faves from 30 years.
- Who decides? Chef Kerry does with input from ticket holders. No guarantees but he will consider!
- Family-ish style, set for groups of two. Singles welcome & accommodated
- Comes with: Pelligrino, espresso as needed, nap space, soft drinks.
- Cost: 250 pp + beverage, tax & tip.
MENU TO BE ANNOUNCED